The Stitchy Details:
- Challenge Theme: No challenge
- Pattern used: Julia by Timely Tresses
- Fabric: Yellow + ecru satin/purple + white satin
- Notions: ecru/white ribbon + flowers
- Did you make any pattern alterations or design changes? made the circumference smaller for me
- Total price: Not listing, since it's a present :)
- Time to complete: 27h 30min (lots of hand sewing, the time is for the two hats, though)
So, my friend's birthday was coming up. We share a common Jane Austen obsession, so in the end it wasn't difficult for me to think of a present. But I'm not good at sewing with deadlines. So, I started early. I had the pattern: Julia from Timely Tresses.
I'm so late with the post, though, since my friend's birthday was in March already, that I don't have much to say about the process. Except it got a bit tight in the end anyway... But the hats were great, although I think I should've used cotton as lining, because mine at least stretched a bit while wearing... But, it's still ok. And I managed to sew us reticules too that matched the hats, so all was well.
I conclude this with few pictures from our Jane Austen tour to Bath and Lyme Regis:
|Bath: Theatre Royal|
|Bath: Sydney Gardens|
|And suddenly this happened!|
|Lyme Regis: Poor Louisa Musgrove wanted to jump from the stairs (see: Persuasion)|
|Lyme Regis: Miss Anne Elliot at the beach|